PDA

View Full Version : Victoria's Secret clothing

Kawaii1
12-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Does anyone wear their clothes? I want some jeans but I don't know how they fit. I'm also interested in the sizing for the shirts but mainly the jeans. So are the true to size, a nice fit, just ok, or could I do better?

Glitter
12-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Uhm. I hate the sizing of their pants/jeans. They are always too tight in the thighs for me. To put it in perspective, I am a size 6/8. If I were to fit into VS pants, I have to go up to a 12. That doesn't do jack for my self esteem:nono:.

Now, their shirts I love. They really know how to flatter a chest. If I buy true to size, I get a cute casual look. Usually, there's room around my waist (I'm a classic hourglass shape). If I go down a size, I get a hot going out shirt because it hugs my waist and "the girls" come to life. Either way, I look good and I don't feel like stuffed sausage. I think the cuts of the shirts are usually pretty flattering.

Covergirl5906
12-28-2007, 12:12 PM
I think thier pants run small....I took a chance and ordered some pants from them a couple months ago and had to send them back....they weren't true to size...and then for one pair they sent me the wrong size...I wasn't too thrilled about the quality either.

keluric
12-28-2007, 12:28 PM
I love their shirts. I wear a small or 4 and I find that most of them fit true to size.

Kawaii1
12-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Dang, I'm glad I asked. So do you have to double your own size to get the correct fit? I'm glad the shirts fit.

Glitter
12-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I think it's important to remember that VS pants are not really for curvy girls. They have pants designed to give girls a butt...well, I have a butt and a side of thighs. I have tried 3 pairs of pants (never their jeans) in the 2 different styles. I need to go up to at least a 10 to even attempt to get those pants to button. They always look spray painted on.

Which jeans are you interested in trying?

I will say that if you get some pants there, they have excellent return service. I have never had a problem and I've always been credited promptly. :yep:

Glitter
12-30-2007, 08:30 AM
I think thier pants run small....I took a chance and ordered some pants from them a couple months ago and had to send them back....they weren't true to size...and then for one pair they sent me the wrong size...I wasn't too thrilled about the quality either.

I agree. The pants are paper thin and the colors shown online are slightly different than the ones you get in real life. I ordered a pair of pink pinstriped pants. They turned out to be raspberry striped ones. Not cute.

InsertCleverNameHere
12-30-2007, 10:53 AM
The shirts are way big to me. Let's just say that I'm definitely big enough that a medium should not be too large on me :drunk:

Kawaii1
12-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Well I am tall so I'm limited on where I can order pants from and I wanted to try the jeans but I am hippy. I am losing weight but I know I will always have an hourglass, I got it from my momma! So I guess they won't work for me. Now my arse isn't huge but the hips are nice and sexy and so is my little waist. I just need the length and they had those cute grey jeans. I guess I could see if old navy or gap has them.

SimpleKomplexity
12-30-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm kinda hippy. But I think VS sells clothes in Juniors sizes for pants. I wear a 1 or 3 in Juniors but in VS I wear a 0 sooo...I dunno. I can wear their shirts true to size and omg they make me feel sooooo sexy!! I spend all my money there....when I have money:perplexed

Diamond*Doll
12-31-2007, 01:58 AM
I have been buying clothes from Victoria's Secret since 1990 and have always felt that their jeans, tops, sweaters, etc were and still are true to size.

esoterica
12-31-2007, 05:51 PM
I have bought sweaters there (XS) and they fit.

Kawaii1
01-04-2008, 04:06 AM
Ok, so do you ladies think they are true to size if you are thin? I have thighs. I'm losing weight but I know that even hen I hit my goal I'm still going to have thighs. Do you think they will fit?

Curlee_lurker
01-05-2008, 11:31 AM
I have a few pairs of pants from VS. Certain cuts fit better than others. I am in love with the Christie fit and I'm so tempted to try the Eva fit.

I have HUGE thighs in relation to the rest of my body. I am awkwardly shaped in general, but VS pants look great on me and I usually get compliments on them.

They come in long lengths, and low rise, which is what I need. I have stupidly long legs (think 5'4" with a 33" inseam...STUPID), so I have to have low rise, or else I look like I have a catsuit on.

I also prefer my pants to have a more fitted look, but I do buy them a size larger with VS than I would with some othter brands. I have pants larger and smaller, but I don't usually go by size. Hell at Banana Republic I range 3 sizes and all of their stuff is 1 brand.

Right now they have some great deals on clothes and they always have some sort of coupon codes online. Just google victorias secret coupon codes and you'll come up with tons and you can use multiple ones.

sylver2
01-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Ok I have been wearing VS clothes off & on for years. Their shirts and sweaters are excellent and true to size. When I was thinner their pants fit me ok. I had a favorite pair that fit me great cost $80. Cat pissed on them. :-/
Once I got a butt and some hips tho..their pant just didnt fiit me right. The jeans fit me horrrible.
I just oredered a coat.

Kawaii1
01-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going to give their jeans a try because I need some x-long length jeans and I can't confidently order $200 pants without having tried them on before. I have a super long inseam and I'd love some 35" and up pants. Yean Curlee you have some craziness going on.

Curlee~ The hugh thigh statement is not a case of you thinking your thighs are hugh and they really aren't, is it?