PDA

View Full Version : Plato's Closet

Bubblingbrownshuga
10-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Does your city have one? I remember when I first went to one. I was in Ohio and boy oh boy, I racked up big time!!! They had clothes in there from Express, NY and Co, The Limited, etc. They just opened one up here in Memphis. They are looking for people to donate clothes for a little money. I will do this :yep:

bluediamond0829
10-23-2007, 01:28 PM
oh they have several all over ATL...ive been in one, but havent taken the time to go thru the racks. I thought about even taking some of my clothes to them to see what little money i can get. But i did hear that its not worth it either.

Xavier
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
When I was in college I went here all the time and purchased some good stuff. I also sold some of my used items for cash. Yes, Indianapolis does have a Plato's Closet but I have yet to visit. I do need to go there and see what they have but the place is far from my side of town.

candiel
10-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Atlanta has quite a few. I used to go in there about once a week but, I haven't been in a while.

audacious1
10-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Atlanta has quite a few. I used to go in there about once a week but, I haven't been in a while.

Yes, I used to go to the one in Loehmanns plaza 3 times a week, but that's where I had my "accident" :sekret: so I don't frequent it so much anymore.

Plus, I like Rag-o-Rama in Little 5 much better. :yep:

And Plato's Closet be giving scraps for some good pieces, talking bout some "It's trendy right now." :rolleyes: And based on what you're wearing, you would be the one to know? :rolleyes:

lisana
10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Plato's Closet is great. I ALWAYS go there first before heading out to other places. I like them because they are selective with what they buy. You can't come up in there trying to sell a five year old skirt from Target. But I do think the quality suffers, the closer you get to the black areas. I normally go to one that is smack dab in the middle of middle to upper middle class zip codes and they always have great stuff. Once I decide to go to one I hadn't been to before because I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. They were near the black parts of town and I swear they had an unusually high amount of RAVE like brands and hoochy mama wear. I was like "where is the good stuff, the work wear, the cute and casual" So they are not all created equal.

FunkyDiva
10-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah we have some here also. I used to go to the one in Grreensboro but I haven't been to one in Charlotte yet. I sold some clothes there a while back for some extra cash

glamazon386
10-23-2007, 07:20 PM
I've sold clothes and shoes to them before but I've never bought anything from there. They closed the one near me.

STLCoverGirl
10-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Me lub Plato's Closet!!!!

I buy most of my jeans from there, you can't beat the prices.

I think jeans fit better after they have been "broken in" anyways.

audacious1
10-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Plato's Closet is great. I ALWAYS go there first before heading out to other places. I like them because they are selective with what they buy. You can't come up in there trying to sell a five year old skirt from Target. But I do think the quality suffers, the closer you get to the black areas. I normally go to one that is smack dab in the middle of middle to upper middle class zip codes and they always have great stuff. Once I decide to go to one I hadn't been to before because I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. They were near the black parts of town and I swear they had an unusually high amount of RAVE like brands and hoochy mama wear. I was like "where is the good stuff, the work wear, the cute and casual" So they are not all created equal.

That's what I need to do!

But then I just go to "designer" consignment shops.

SplashAtl
10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
oh they have several all over ATL...ive been in one, but havent taken the time to go thru the racks. I thought about even taking some of my clothes to them to see what little money i can get. But i did hear that its not worth it either.

Yep, there are a lot. I have found a few to get a little pricey for used items.

audacious1
10-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Yep, there are a lot. I have found a few to get a little pricey for used items.

Mmmmhmmm. :rolleyes:

The only good thing is that I do find items brand new there that I don't mind paying for.

MissJ
10-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I took some leather pants and a fur vest in there, and they gave me $24.

kally
10-24-2007, 06:26 AM
I am in Ohio and all this time I never knew about the store until a few weeks ago, when I saw the comercial. I will have to check it out.

SplashAtl
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Mmmmhmmm. :rolleyes:

The only good thing is that I do find items brand new there that I don't mind paying for.

Brand new items at their prices is one thing but used at some of the prices I have seen is not ok. Most of the time the prices are good but just because an item is name brand doesn't mean the price should be more than a consignment price depending on the condition. Just my opinion. I have found some cute summer clothes there for good prices.

Bubblingbrownshuga
10-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Yall, I went to the one here. Right now, they are not selling, but dangit, I saw a BRAND NEW COACH purse for 35.00 and a Dooney and Burke for only 6.00! I sold them some brand new Nine West shoes never worn and about 4 more pair of shoes and they gave me 18.90. At first I was like :huh: ,but I realized that at my garage sell, I would've only charged about $1-2 per pair so I came out okay.

**Glamourlicious**
10-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Does your city have one? I remember when I first went to one. I was in Ohio and boy oh boy, I racked up big time!!! They had clothes in there from Express, NY and Co, The Limited, etc. They just opened one up here in Memphis. They are looking for people to donate clothes for a little money. I will do this :yep:

You know you need to pick me up next time you go right?!?!?

SplashAtl
10-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Yall, I went to the one here. Right now, they are not selling, but dangit, I saw a BRAND NEW COACH purse for 35.00 and a Dooney and Burke for only 6.00! I sold them some brand new Nine West shoes never worn and about 4 more pair of shoes and they gave me 18.90. At first I was like :huh: ,but I realized that at my garage sell, I would've only charged about $1-2 per pair so I came out okay.

I wish I saw good stuff like that in one around me. I'll have to stop by there again.

missty1029
11-26-2007, 11:08 AM
For those that sold stuff, did you sell anything with tags? I have stuff with tags and I am wondering if they will give you a better deal or if they see how much you paid for it (bought it on sale) will they try to low ball you. Thanks