PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever shop at Bergdorf Goodman?

chicacanella
09-24-2007, 11:08 PM
I've heard of this store before, supposedly for rich individuals. But if anyone has shopped there before, how would you describe the experience and was there any racism?

Maynard
09-25-2007, 12:15 AM
I dont know. I used to work at Neiman's and they stressed the importance of not judging the book by the cover and not being snooty. I think b/c were are in Atlanta and there are alot of black people with a little change, they dont want to miss any of that money.

I remember when countless celebrities come in the store, but in particular when Faith Evans came in. She was wearing cornrows and sweatpants, looking like she just rolled outta bed. Girlfriend still got a glass of wine, just like everybody else. None of the yt people knew who she was, but just figured that she was rich if she was shopping in there. Dropped 10K in 1 hour...

Which city is the Bergdorf's located that you are planning on going in?

JamericanGurl
09-25-2007, 08:25 AM
I've shop there before....I haven't had any bad experiences:nono:

Aren't they owned by Neiman's?

audacious1
09-26-2007, 01:28 AM
I dont know. I used to work at Neiman's and they stressed the importance of not judging the book by the cover and not being snooty. I think b/c were are in Atlanta and there are alot of black people with a little change, they dont want to miss any of that money.

I remember when countless celebrities come in the store, but in particular when Faith Evans came in. She was wearing cornrows and sweatpants, looking like she just rolled outta bed. Girlfriend still got a glass of wine, just like everybody else. None of the yt people knew who she was, but just figured that she was rich if she was shopping in there. Dropped 10K in 1 hour...

Which city is the Bergdorf's located that you are planning on going in?

:lol: But don't do that for everyone. I know a few status driven, but broke bishes that shop at Neimans.

I just shop at their outlet up off '85...or is that saks?

AmilLion
09-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I've heard of this store before, supposedly for rich individuals. But if anyone has shopped there before, how would you describe the experience and was there any racism?

Yes. I've never had an issue at Bergdorf, Henri Bendel or Barneys. I've experienced more racism at Bloomingdales.