PDA

View Full Version : how to shop in brooklyn?

AfroKink
08-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey ladies,
Im going to be near brooklyn in the next couple of weeks, and I never miss an opportunity to shop where ever i go :grin: What are some of the stores (with locations) that I should hit?

Here's what I'm looking for:
dresses - for the fall
nice jeans
runners
fall boots
err, shoes in general
accessories
laptop case/sleeve

there's a girl at my dance that ONLY shops in brookln, but she refused to tell me where to shop, saying she doesnt like people looking like her :rolleyes: like i wanna be here twin:spinning:

I hope you guys are more willing to help me
lys

BrooklynSouth
08-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I shop Loehmanns {discount designer} 2103 Emmons Avenue in Sheepshead Bay but it really is hit or miss; sometimes I find the greatest items, other times I leave with nothing. The Manhattan store, I've heard has better merchandise but I rarely get into Manhattan. You can also check out the Kings Plaza Mall at Avenue U and Flatbush Avenue- GUESS, VICTORIA'S SECRET, FOREVER21, etc.

PhonyBaloney500
08-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Wow there's a Loehman's in Brooklyn?

I guess the question is how much do you spend on clothes?

If you're more in the mid-range end, check out Kings Plaza Mall with the Gap, H&M, Limited, Express, etc.

If you're more high end, check out Red Beri (Flatbush Avenue and 7th Avenue) and Blue Beri (in Dumbo). There's a really nice boutique called Pieces on Vanderbilt. I also like Addy & Ferro on Fulton Street. I think these are all Black owned too.

5th Avenue and 7th Avenues in Brooklyn in Park Slope have a ton of nice boutiques too.

Tracy_W
08-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I love Pieces! However, be prepared to spend a bit of money. I also believe they're having a sale right now.

There are nice boutiques on Smith Street in Carroll Gardens (or is it Boerum Hill?) also.

I have to plug Winkworth in Red Hook. All the clothing is handmade by the owner and she's wonderful. They also do tailoring on-site of all items.

Two new shops opened on Tompkins Avenue in BedStuy, but I can't think of the names right now. One was featured in this month's Sister2Sister and the owner/designer is very talented.

AfroKink
08-16-2007, 04:31 PM
thanks for the replies ladies. I'm looking for mid range stuff (student budget :)) keep the good info coming
lys