PDA

View Full Version : Sneakers

lexi08
02-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Hi Ladies, what kind of sneakers of considered stylish to wear now? I would like to buy a nice pair suitable for working out (I do light workouts walking, elliptical pilates etc) and a few fashionable pairs for weekends and running errands.

JamericanGurl just posted a thread in OT about throwbacks and I realized I am still rocking the Kswiss I purchased in the late 90's. I don't wear them much though :look: :ohwell: they look brand new

JLove74
02-22-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm a Chuck fan and they have some really cool fabrics out now. I've only seen them at Neiman Marcus, but they may be available at other places too.
Puma is always another favorite - cool styles, colors, fabrics.
Nike - you can customize you kicks. www.nikeid.com

lexi08
02-22-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm a Chuck fan and they have some really cool fabrics out now. I've only seen them at Neiman Marcus, but they may be available at other places too.
Puma is always another favorite - cool styles, colors, fabrics.
Nike - you can customize you kicks. www.nikeid.com

Thanks Jlove for the suggestions. The Pumas are super cute and I like the Nike's too. I will have to search for the Chucks though, we don't have a Neimans here. Who makes the Chucks?

JLove74
02-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks Jlove for the suggestions. The Pumas are super cute and I like the Nike's too. I will have to search for the Chucks though, we don't have a Neimans here. Who makes the Chucks?

Chuck Taylor All Stars - you know the old, old school basketball player shoes :lol:

lexi08
02-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Chuck Taylor All Stars - you know the old, old school basketball player shoes :lol:

Oh Okay! I am a little slow. I will look around town for them.

kim
02-22-2007, 06:18 PM
These are made by Converse. Is anyone feeling the new line of Pro-keds that Dame Dash owns? Lacoste shoes have made a comeback( rapper DMC from Run DMC has part ownership of these). I am really liking Pumas and some Adidas. I saw a retro pair of Nike(they are called MTV 80s or something like that) these were advertised in a Finish line catalog. Anyone see these, they are really cute.

cutiebe2
02-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I always have to have a pair of white sneakers..either Air forces, Converse, ecko, etc.. they look good with almost anything. I do like pumas for the funky style...or Vanns..I like Vanns :)

lexi08
02-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestions ladies, keep them coming :grin:

firecracker
02-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Girl you need some good ole Nike's with cushion, instep and ankle support for working out and running. They can cost a up to 200$ but Foot Action, Foot Locker and Champs always have 50-75% off sales.
They won't really go too far out of style because they serve a purpose and not so much about fashion.

kim
02-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I always have to have a pair of white sneakers..either Air forces, Converse, ecko, etc.. they look good with almost anything. I do like pumas for the funky style...or Vanns..I like Vanns :)
Yeah, I forgot about Vans, I like those too.

Bosslady1
02-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I am a Nike Shoxx addict.
My most expensive purchase was on some gucci sneakers...I hardly wear them though cause I am soo scared they will get scuffed...

comike
03-18-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm in agreement with Firecracker, if you're wearing them while doing any type of exercise, light or otherwise, you need something with some type of support otherwise you might regret it. New Balance and Nike have some cute yet functional styles.

Undefeated Queen
03-18-2007, 06:29 PM
I like Coach, Puma, and Adidas. Stylish, cute, and comfortable.

ItsyBitsy
03-22-2007, 12:16 PM
I love my Nike Shox's.

tyte curlz
04-08-2007, 12:02 AM
okay finaly a topic i can comment on.:lol: i LUV sneakers and for the most part the ladies are right for working out i would suggest your basic Nike, Reebok, Adidas or New Balance that can give support and comfort. for the weekends/errands i would suggest a pair of Vanns they are your basic slide on with style(a ballarenia type shoe with a comfort sole) they come in tons of styles and colors and run about $40 they are even introducing the lace ups which i a shoe lover am total excited about. And the Converse chuck taylors are not a bad idea either i have the all black ones and my sister has some custom ones for her soririty. k.swiss are not a bad idea either even if they look new you might want to stop by lady foot locker bc since the 90s they have a lot more variety (styles and colors). I am not sure if you read Vibe Vixon but the issue with Kelis on the cover fall 06 has like a 6 page spred on hot sneakers ill pm u with the details as soon as i find it..... HTH