PDA

View Full Version : Anybody cut the heel on boots or shoes?

Aveena
02-19-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm thinking about getting some boots that have a 4" heel. I'm 5'10" and don't always want to tower over people when I go out. Not to mention really high heels hurt my feet. I'm considering buying the boots and getting the heel cut down to 2 1/2" Has anyone done that before? Does it change the overall "look" of the shoe/boot?

JLove74
02-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm thinking about getting some boots that have a 4" heel. I'm 5'10" and don't always want to tower over people when I go out. Not to mention really high heels hurt my feet. I'm considering buying the boots and getting the heel cut down to 2 1/2" Has anyone done that before? Does it change the overall "look" of the shoe/boot?

I was thinking of doing this once and asked the shoe cobbler. He advised against doing it (matter of fact, he said, he won't do it), because not only does it change the look of the shoe, but the strength of the heel and the arch of the shoe bed.

Aveena
02-19-2007, 11:33 AM
I was thinking of doing this once and asked the shoe cobbler. He advised against doing it (matter of fact, he said, he won't do it), because not only does it change the look of the shoe, but the strength of the heel and the arch of the shoe bed.

good point. I thought about that. I don't want to spend the $$ for the boots and alterations to basically destroy them.

BeaLady
02-19-2007, 01:28 PM
It can also make the toes curl up. I've seen people cut of too much and they look like jeanie shoes.

baby42
02-19-2007, 04:16 PM
:bdance: :bdance: :bdance: It can also make the toes curl up. I've seen people cut of too much and they look like jeanie shoes.THATS WHERE HER SHOES WENT:lachen: :lachen: :lol: :lol:

BeaLady
02-20-2007, 11:15 AM
:bdance: :bdance: :bdance: THATS WHERE HER SHOES WENT:lachen: :lachen: :lol: :lol:
:grin: :grin:

FunkyDiva
02-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Girl you better wear them 4"

anatomicallycorrect
02-20-2007, 01:51 PM
It can also make the toes curl up. I've seen people cut of too much and they look like jeanie shoes.

:bdance: :bdance: :bdance: THATS WHERE HER SHOES WENT:lachen: :lachen: :lol: :lol:

LMAO at both of y'all! :lol:

Chinagem
02-20-2007, 06:32 PM
if the shoe cobbler won't cut the heel, can't he replace the heel and reconstruct the shoe so that it's still strong?

Aveena
02-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Girl you better wear them 4"

:grin: :grin: thanks

Bublin
02-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Well i enquired about this and a cobbler said he would do it but not too much, say an inch at the most.

I guess the decision is up to you and you take the responsibility.

Why don't you try it out on an inexpensive pair you already have...say take off half and inch...and see how it feels.