PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your old clothes?

Pages : [1] 2

PinkAngel
02-18-2007, 11:29 PM
I have clothes I no longer wear/want. I'd like to revamp my closet w/ a weekend shopping spree. I normally just pack my clothes up and drop them off at Good Will. But thought I'd get a few ideas for an alternative.

I'm just wondering what you ladies do w/ yours?

sylver2
02-18-2007, 11:32 PM
take them to the thrift shops and get my tax receipts.

tyboogie
02-19-2007, 04:21 AM
I usually give my old clothes to friends or family. I do this about twice a year to make room for the new things that I buy. I've been doing this for over 10 years. So instead of them going shopping they just come by and pick up a bag of clothes that I packed for them. I do this with shoes also.

Nella
02-23-2007, 06:19 AM
ebay when I'm strapped for cash.

SplashAtl
02-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Most of my old stuff goes to a charity organization. I like to give stuff to organizations that give people in need things versus those that sell stuff like the Goodwill. This is just my personal choice. The Goodwill corporate organization does some great things but the retail part is not the same as it use to be back in the day. I've been in a few and within the last few years they have been marking up designer stuff to prices that one could find in discount stores brand new. I don't agree with that but that is off subject.

Freecycle.org is also a great place to give things away. Especially large items like furniture, etc... because the people come and get tthe stuff. We had some bricks we needed to get rid of after we built our house and it would have cost us $250 to have someone come haul the bricks aways. I sent an email out to the freecycle group in my county and some one came to pick the bricks up for free within a few days. Saved me $250!!!

firecracker
02-23-2007, 07:46 AM
I sale mine to a resale chain called Crossroads on Melrose and another place in Santa Monica. I also give older stuff too the local Goodwill and friends but that is after I make me some money from the resale stores.:look:

Bosslady1
02-23-2007, 02:44 PM
I throw mine in the goodwill shoot and give the better ones to friends.

cutiebe2
02-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I give all my clothes to the Veteran's charity fund

~*~ShopAholic~*~
02-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I've been giving things away, but I just decided to start selling things also mainly my childrens clothes. I sale mine to a resale chain called Crossroads on Melrose and another place in Santa Monica. I also give older stuff too the local Goodwill and friends but that is after I make me some money from the resale stores.:look:

deejoy
02-23-2007, 07:53 PM
I sell them on Ebay or a store that buys used clothing.

Lindy
02-25-2007, 10:25 AM
If they're name brand, I'll put them in my EBAY store. (http://stores.ebay.com/Candys-Shoppe-A-Divas-Paradise_Baby-Accessories_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ3437516QQftidZ2 QQtZkm) Otherwise they go to GoodWill and become a tax write-off!! :yep:

facets
02-25-2007, 10:08 PM
I sale mine to a resale chain called Crossroads on Melrose and another place in Santa Monica. I also give older stuff too the local Goodwill and friends but that is after I make me some money from the resale stores.:look:

I used to take some items to the Crossroads here.:lol: Some of those chicks working there were serious 'switches'... attitude for days.

There were a few cool ones too tho'. I'd go when they were working.:lol:

ShaniKeys
02-25-2007, 10:16 PM
I sell them on Ebay or give them to charity.

MrsHouston
02-25-2007, 11:09 PM
i give them to my church or a charity and get a tax receipt.

SleekandBouncy
04-26-2007, 09:03 PM
I put them up on Ebay or I take them to a women's shelter near by. There's also a dress for sucess program that helps homeless and poor women dress for interviews, I give my old work clothes to that program.

e$h
04-26-2007, 09:05 PM
I usually give my old clothes to friends or family. I do this about twice a year to make room for the new things that I buy. I've been doing this for over 10 years. So instead of them going shopping they just come by and pick up a bag of clothes that I packed for them. I do this with shoes also.

That's exactly what I do. My niece is always excited. I just gave her 2 big bags of clothes the other day. I do the same with my kids clothes as well.

fattyfatfat
04-29-2007, 05:43 PM
www.buffaloexchange.com (http://www.buffaloexchange.com)

its a store where you can sell your old clothes or trade them. you can go to the site and see if there is one in your area. I went to the one in NYC yesterday. They didnt want anything I gave them but they had a bin for charity too.

Forbidden
04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
A friend of mine always goes to Plato's Closet (http://www.platoscloset.com/)

CaliJ
05-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I usually just give them away to charity, but sometimes I will resell certain items.

divya
05-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I give old clothes to GoodWill, family etc.