PDA

View Full Version : Walking in high heels.... HELP!!

SerenavanderWoodsen
11-03-2006, 12:28 AM
I hope this is not OT, I have a bit of a shoe dilemma, I love the look of high heels but Im afraid of them and partly becuz Im afraid of heights! LOL am I insane or what? I stand at 5 foot 4 and a half flat foot, so when i put on high shoes i might be 5'7 or taller and I feel "too tall" even tho im not thin. I also get awkward and terrified I may fall. I also feel very "conspicous" LOL Then i go look at a pic of Beyonce and see her in heels and she looks fine and i believe we're about the same height. OOOH another thing, I have sturdy calves ( think Maya, old Beyonce),, theyre just thick lol and i feel like this makes me awkward,, any other big legged ladies wear high heels?? My question is do u think 5'4 is too tall to be putting on a 3 inch heel or is it just a matter of personal comfort??? and does anyone find wedge heels easier to walk in than lets say a skinny heel?? HELP:look::look:

mermaid
11-03-2006, 02:20 AM
Start wth a lower heel and move up when you get comfortable.
You may never like the feel of a higher heel, it definitely is a matter of personal comfort.
Your height has nothing to do with it- unless it bothers you. I am 5ft 7 and will wear a 6 in heel (platform), usually 4 inches though. My best friend is 5ft 10 and wears 4-5 inch heels.

seeminglysweet
11-03-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm 5'6" and a typical heel for me is 3-3.5 inches. As long as I'm not taller than my SO I dont feel too tall.

When I first started wearings heels I found that it was easier to walk in boots, so since winter is coming up you can get some high heel boots to practice in.

glamazon386
11-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Maybe you can try some wedges first. They're easier to walk in than stilettos. I'm about 6'2" with my heels on and I don't give a damn who thinks I'm too tall!! :lachen:

atlantatiffany
11-05-2006, 10:10 PM
u might want to start with a kitten heel and work you way up once you become more comfortable. I am also 5'4 and I work in 4 inch heels all day. I am so in love with wearing heels.