PDA

View Full Version : Winter Coats

Pages : [1] 2

SweetCaramel1
10-31-2006, 09:10 AM
what type of coat will you sport this winter/fall??? i have an off white long jlo parka/down quilted coat with a fur hat attached. i also have a brown banana republic wool coat (boucle?) with a thick fur collar. i'm thinking about getting something more casual for school though.

~*~ShopAholic~*~
10-31-2006, 09:58 AM
I have a few coats on my to buy list. I am waiting on an Asemetric leather coat I ordered from Spiegel's it's a graphite color so I can't wait. I also want to get a wool coat more of a tweed type, and a Brown Micheal Khors leather i saw at Fileens Basement.
I still have a coat for the snow I bought last yr. by Nicole Miller, I love that coat it's not to bulky for the car but it's super warm and has a hood that can be taken off. I really to invest in a scarf and glove set walmart had some cute ones.

Nenah
10-31-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm on my way to Burlington coat factory now. Looking for a nice brown coat. I bought a nice peach wool knee length last year.

crlsweetie912
10-31-2006, 11:11 AM
I think I am gonna get that dark grey wool pea coat that I saw at Sears a couple of weeks ago. I am also getting a lighter weight denim coat that I saw on ebay.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j140/crlsweetie912/denimcoat.jpg

I have a pink tweed coat that I bought last year from QVC and it's perfect and still looks like new. That will be in th rotation for years. I am sooo in love with this coat!:D
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j140/crlsweetie912/pinkcoat-1.jpg

pureenergy77
10-31-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm an accessory addict! Most recent weird purchase was a dark green fox fur jacket. I need a long creme wool coat though. I saw a nice one at Bebe, but it sold out before I could get it. Anyone seen any other nice ones lately?

juicy555
10-31-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm watching this thread to get some ideas as I'm relocating from sunny Cali back to the East coast. I haven't bought a new coat in 7 years!

Choclatcotton
10-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I relocated from Cali 10 years ago and now I have a coat for about every degree of weather:lol: My latest editions are Short brown leather scuba,from petite sophisticate $3.99 love it! so fly?, Merona black 3/4 quilted jacket with detachable hood$11.00, exceptionally warm, Old Navy, Grey belted pea coat double breasted$ 4.99. would like to match with aqua or baby pink hat and scarf gloves black leather. Winter dressing is so fun:grin: These were all purchased at a local goodwill in great condition. Had each one laundered:lol:

frankie
10-31-2006, 07:56 PM
I can't wear wool...it's so unfair...EVERY coat I fall in love with has some percentage of WOOL :nono:

SweetCaramel1
10-31-2006, 08:12 PM
I have a few coats on my to buy list. I am waiting on an Asemetric leather coat I ordered from Spiegel's it's a graphite color so I can't wait. I also want to get a wool coat more of a tweed type, and a Brown Micheal Khors leather i saw at Fileens Basement.
I still have a coat for the snow I bought last yr. by Nicole Miller, I love that coat it's not to bulky for the car but it's super warm and has a hood that can be taken off. I really to invest in a scarf and glove set walmart had some cute ones.

me too. i got my daughter two pair but left myself out. your coats sound really cute especially the graphite one.

SweetCaramel1
10-31-2006, 08:16 PM
I'm on my way to Burlington coat factory now. Looking for a nice brown coat. I bought a nice peach wool knee length last year.

i hit them up yesterday and they had some really cute coats. i saw a deep purple one i liked but was unsure of the color.

SweetCaramel1
10-31-2006, 08:18 PM
I think I am gonna get that dark grey wool pea coat that I saw at Sears a couple of weeks ago. I am also getting a lighter weight denim coat that I saw on ebay.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j140/crlsweetie912/denimcoat.jpg

I have a pink tweed coat that I bought last year from QVC and it's perfect and still looks like new. That will be in th rotation for years. I am sooo in love with this coat!:D
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j140/crlsweetie912/pinkcoat-1.jpg

those are really cute especially the pink one. i need something casual like that i can dress up or down.

SweetCaramel1
10-31-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm an accessory addict! Most recent weird purchase was a dark green fox fur jacket. I need a long creme wool coat though. I saw a nice one at Bebe, but it sold out before I could get it. Anyone seen any other nice ones lately?

i'm trying to do a better job at this. i'm a student and i look crazy 70% of the time. no excuse though :lol:

SweetCaramel1
10-31-2006, 08:25 PM
I relocated from Cali 10 years ago and now I have a coat for about every degree of weather:lol: My latest editions are Short brown leather scuba,from petite sophisticate $3.99 love it! so fly?, Merona black 3/4 quilted jacket with detachable hood$11.00, exceptionally warm, Old Navy, Grey belted pea coat double breasted$ 4.99. would like to match with aqua or baby pink hat and scarf gloves black leather. Winter dressing is so fun:grin: These were all purchased at a local goodwill in great condition. Had each one laundered:lol:

i kept looking at the dollar amount thinkin' you made a typo :lol:. talk about a deal. that's great bargain shopping!

Nenah
11-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Oh I saw so many nice coats have to go back without baby though kind of hard to shop with him. Burlington Coats that is.

asummertyme
11-01-2006, 05:20 PM
i brought a brown shearling last year..a raw cut edge one , with fox fur trim..i love it and it soooo warm! I just went to manhattan yesterday b/c i wanted to look for a leather trnch type coat 3 quater length with a belt..i found 1 in congac and he had to reorder it in my size..thats good cause i aint have the money to buy it anyways...lol...

fattyfatfat
11-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I can't wear wool...it's so unfair...EVERY coat I fall in love with has some percentage of WOOL :nono:

same here. wool takes...no PULLS my hair out :(

SweetCaramel1
11-01-2006, 09:27 PM
i brought a brown shearling last year..a raw cut edge one , with fox fur trim..i love it and it soooo warm! I just went to manhattan yesterday b/c i wanted to look for a leather trnch type coat 3 quater length with a belt..i found 1 in congac and he had to reorder it in my size..thats good cause i aint have the money to buy it anyways...lol...

so are leather trench coats still in??? i have a 3/4 length from about 5 years ago. it's black not the modern brown (cognac). i'm on the fence. i haven't seen anyone wear one in awhile. then again i haven't been watching fashion much either

asummertyme
11-01-2006, 10:07 PM
i THINK it all depends on the style of it..i like a coat with a belt..cant say that the jacket is exactly like a tench..its single breast witha belt...
I love them..i think they are very hip, with some heels and ur out the door...i had 1 about 5 yrs ago, and it really never went out of style IMO..i wore it out...it was so convient to just throw on, but the last one i had had only 1 button... the one i am buying is similar to this one..without the buttons on the sleeves..cute huh..

http://wil.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-3044072v380a.jpg

SweetCaramel1
11-01-2006, 10:56 PM
yeah that's hot. mine has a similar collar but it's about 2x as big. maybe one or two buttons with a belt.

kboogie007
11-02-2006, 06:32 AM
i THINK it all depends on the style of it..i like a coat with a belt..cant say that the jacket is exactly like a tench..its single breast witha belt...
I love them..i think they are very hip, with some heels and ur out the door...i had 1 about 5 yrs ago, and it really never went out of style IMO..i wore it out...it was so convient to just throw on, but the last one i had had only 1 button... the one i am buying is similar to this one..without the buttons on the sleeves..cute huh..

http://wil.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-3044072v380a.jpg
How much does it cost and where can i find it? thanks