PDA

View Full Version : Spin-off: What products did your mom use on your hair?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Stationwagon
10-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Glover's Mane, Ultra Sheen (green one), TCB shampoo/conditioner.

When I was little, I used to wear my hair in braids all of the time and had very long hair. Perhaps I need to put my hair back in braids again.

Candy_C
10-12-2006, 05:35 PM
blue magic (even tho it was green!), pantene shampoo and con ergh!

that was about it!

candiel
10-12-2006, 05:49 PM
DAX hair grease ( the green one) and CON or Pantene

Ariana4000
10-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Only CON, no conditioner, and ultrasheen grease.:mad: Hated that grease smell!

AtlantaJJ
10-12-2006, 08:39 PM
She used the blue-green Ultra Sheen grease (rarely the green, for some reason). That black rubber comb with the handle.

I don't even know what shampoo or conditioner she used, because I don't recall ever getting my hair washed at home (my great aunt was a hair stylist, so I always got my hair washed, pressed and curled there).

My hair was long too. I'm guessing that protective styling and low manipulation had a lot to do with that.

Girl I still have a black rubber comb with the handle, I jacked my daddy for it! LOL We did the blue Ultra Sheen and everybody in the house smelled like Sulfer 8, I almost bought some to day!! I have long thick beautiful hair, it was the tender loving care and protective styling. Braids and twists...

Priss Pot
10-12-2006, 08:56 PM
1. Creme of Nature Shampoo (red, blue, and green labels...whichever one she grabbed first)
2. Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion
3. Blue Magic Grease

caribeandiva
10-12-2006, 09:03 PM
k7 pomade, maskreti oil (a really popular oil in Haiti) and head and shoulder shampoos.

cutiebe2
10-12-2006, 09:05 PM
sulfur8 oil, and ultra sheen grease. My hair has NEVER been long....partly becuase it is always thin and weak.
My mom made these ugly plaits that she made me wear to school (I would take them out on the way there)

miracle
10-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I think my mom used the ENTIRE TCB line. I remember the TCB neutralizing shampoo smelling of green apples. I used to love to get my hair washed just to have the scent on my hair. She used the neutralizing shampoo on us whether we were getting a touch-up or not. :lol:

Sweet_Ambrosia
10-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Ultra Sheen hair grease(the blue green one), Queen Helene Cholesterol, and Tresemme Shampoo.

Lusa
10-12-2006, 11:33 PM
That nasty hot comb she had to heat up on a brazier that burnt the crap out of my hair, and scalded my ears
Green Dax
Blue Magic
Sulphur 8
Colgate shampoo and conditioner and pretty much any other cheap drug store products.

And like most other women here my hair was long, and in pretty good shape. I just wish she hadn't taken me in for a perm, it was better natural but she had to fight to style it day after day.

mkstar826
10-12-2006, 11:36 PM
drugstore shampoo & conditioner and pink oil lotion or TCB grease.

nomoweavesfome
10-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Dax
Ultra Sheen
Sulfer 8
Vaseline(Not sure why- I think for the eczema)

Divine Inspiration
10-13-2006, 03:07 AM
Sulfur 8
The hot comb
Just For Me
Pert Plus

anherica
10-13-2006, 03:18 AM
Wella Balsam Shampoo
Neutrogena T-gel
bergamont hair grease
Perm Repair
Vaseline
Pink Oil Lotion

I had a dryness/dandruff issue going on. My hair wasn't super long, but it was/is super thick, and it was the bane of my mother's existence. I hated straightening comb day, my left ear always managed to get roasted.

sweetwhispers
10-13-2006, 04:09 AM
Dax- The black one- cos i have dry scalp
Blue Magic
Indian Hair oil- anyone, usually Jasmine
Vaseline Hair Tonic
Any Shampoo, no conditioner
Occasionaly she would change products

bablou00
10-13-2006, 05:50 AM
The whole bottle of Just for Me detangler because my hair was so hard to manage. Pink moisturizer when she would straighten my hair out....I hated that smell. Creme of Nature which I still use to this day from time to time.

FlowerHair
10-13-2006, 06:47 AM
I'm sad to say my mother only used shampoo and nothing else. My hair was washed about once a week. She brushed (yes) my hair daily.
That's all the hair care I got :lachen:

I forgot to say that she was extremely scissor happy so I never had long hair as a child, but it grew quickly. As soon as it reached my shoulders she would cut it :D She hated brushing out the tangles!

karezone
10-13-2006, 07:45 AM
My hair was probably washed once a month, I don't remember that well. I know that my grandma used any kind of hair grease but never vaseline. My Mother used dax and 911 leave in conditioner the watery kind. The both loved to put some glovers in my hair. Can you imagine walking around in the middle of summer smelling like that.

mercedes826
10-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Luster's pink moisturizer. The one in the bottle.