Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2024

What problem are you looking to resolve so you CAN have Luscious, Healthy Ends in 2024?

• Total voters
I'm starting by going back to basics. I use the satin scrungie instead of the elastic, because even the "no breakage" brand is causing breakage. I'm trying to not use bobby pins, because I think they are causing breakage. I'm using the satin pillow case. Then, I think I need to use protein conditioner. I've never used much protein and I don't want protein overload but I need something. I pulled out a brand I had hidden from myself that I bought at Ulta- so I'll use that up then consider the next steps.

I'm starting by going back to basics. I use the satin scrungie instead of the elastic, because even the "no breakage" brand is causing breakage. I'm trying to not use bobby pins, because I think they are causing breakage. I'm using the satin pillow case. Then, I think I need to use protein conditioner. I've never used much protein and I don't want protein overload but I need something. I pulled out a brand I had hidden from myself that I bought at Ulta- so I'll use that up then consider the next steps.
If you have read through this thread @Carrie A, you will notice that keeping track of your process and photo journaling your journey will help you considerably. I wish you the best on your hair growth journey.

Everytime I wear my hair in a ponytail or a puff I think of this stylist. She frequently posts about the damage that ponytails do.

I’m sure she sees a lot of ponytail damage in her line of work, but surely there has to be a way to do it without causing breakage.

Before joining the hair boards, ponytails did lots of damage for me too! I would have absolutely agreed with her.

Since joining and seeing ladies bun to WL, wet bun and the like without significant damage, I just figured that it must be technique. And most of us don't really know proper technique if we're not studying hair. So I can definitely see how she sees the most damage from ponytails and WNGs bc everyday ladies are just looking for a style as an end result whereas the ladies on here tend to use the style as a part of the hair care process.

It reminds me of how it used to be gel = bad bc of the everyday damage we saw of ppl using that protein gel we grew up with. lol BUT when we got into hair care, we learned that gel isn't bad, it's the type of gel and how the gel is used. I think a protein gel could probably be used successfully in a regi that is moisture rich.

Back