Crown and Glory 2023!

5 weeks down. I can’t wait until next Thursday so I can cut this hair out. It’s such a pretty look but the tangling and random pieces of hair.

I need an extra large bonnet for the next time I install the hair. I have 5 packs of the hair left if I want to use it again. I think a satin bonnet would help and braiding it nightly from day one instead of letting the hair do what it wants. If it was human, I could wet it and detangle.

I still have to figure out what products to use. I know I need a scalp detox and probably to clarify my strands.

I think I'm leaning toward small to jumbo twist extensions. I'll probably do jumbo as they take less time and I can wear them down most of the time since it isn't summer yet. I'll try to do a set similar to these ones I did a few years ago.

1714226118736.png 1714226254273.png

I plan to texlax sometime in June so I'll have to take them out 2 weeks prior to give my hair a rest. And then I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to install a new set of extensions.

I'll save my minis for my real hair once it grows a bit longer as a reward to myself.

Also, I'm gonna have to chill on the cornrows as they cause me too much tangling at take down. I think I'll do medium-large plaits instead since my hair is long enough to bun now.

I'm finally working up the motivation to do these darn extensions. Still can't decide between jumbo or small.

The changing weather is forcing me to be out doing yardwork and then I'm too pooped to do anything else for days.
Also, we've got a roller coaster of emotions over here with my mom buying a home here and selling a home in a different state. Add in the dynamics of her being in the home with us until her purchase is completed, my child over the moon! But he is on the Spectrum and emotional dysregulation is real!! I'm doing some heavy lifting right now trying to keep him stable.

My oldest will be home for the summer soon , so he can help me with my length check the next time.

All in all. We’re trooping along.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-05-03-123110.jpeg
    IMG_2024-05-03-123110.jpeg
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8508.jpeg
    IMG_8508.jpeg
    462.2 KB · Views: 25
I ended up doing crochet senegalese twists last night. Was up until midnight. I'll edit with a pic once I take this scarf off and take one. I might just rock bandanas with it anyway bc I'm feeling like that. lol

Made a scalp concoction in a pointed tip bottle 80% water, 10% hibiscus tea, a few squirts of my Ayurvedic hair oil and lavender, orange and peppermint EOs for scent and function.

I noticed a few days ago dandruff in my normal spot in the front of my hair. Used some of the Mizani wonder crown scalp pre cleanse and got it off. I'm going to do my full scalp on Sunday.

I've just been spritzing some rosemary water from As I am.

Oh! I forgot to post a pic. This is them pulled up into a high ponytail, the one and only time I've really left the house for something. lol. Every other day, they have stayed underneath a satin scarf pulled back into a low ponytail.

1715370823770.png
I should've installed the mini twist individual extensions I wanted but I did NOT have the energy.

I caved. Just finished taking those twist out and the relief I feel is sooo nice! I kept the cornrows and I'll just keep them covered for another week.
I have a Dr's appt at the end of the month and I don't wanna mess up the scale with that heavy hair anyway! :giggle: Guess I'm rocking cornrows until my relaxer next month.

I caved. Just finished taking those twist out and the relief I feel is sooo nice! I kept the cornrows and I'll just keep them covered for another week.
I have a Dr's appt at the end of the month and I don't wanna mess up the scale with that heavy hair anyway! :giggle: Guess I'm rocking cornrows until my relaxer next month.
I knew it! :lachen: I just relaxed my hair instead of waiting until August. I have no idea what to do it that isn't a whole lot. I crave my mini braids but 1. I just relaxed my hair and 2. I don't feel like doing them lol. My scalp been through a lot so, bun or ponytail for now.

I knew it! :lachen: I just relaxed my hair instead of waiting until August. I have no idea what to do it that isn't a whole lot. I crave my mini braids but 1. I just relaxed my hair and 2. I don't feel like doing them lol. My scalp been through a lot so, bun or ponytail for now.

So ... I have gone into mini braids right after relaxing plenty of times with no adverse effects. :look: I actually prefer the way the braids look and behave freshly relaxed. It's not like you're adding extra weight/hair. Also, I'm assuming, you typically don't really braid tight enough to harm your scalp. Lastly, the many parts actually provide more air to my scalp than loose hair does anyway.

The biggie for me is that loose hair comes with too much stress for me. I can reverse MONTHS of progress just by wearing my hair loose for a couple of weeks. lol But I'm not saying YOU should do it or anything. :poke"

If my scalp wasn't so sore from those darn crochets I would be relaxing right along w you. But I'm gonna let it rest for a little while and relax at the end of June. I'm debating keeping in cornrows or installing mini braids until my relaxer next month.

@MzSwift Are you me? I mean are you sure, your head and my head weren't split at birth?
-I also prefer how braids look on freshly relaxed hair
-I do not like tight braids. I feel like I can't function. I definitely do not braid like that.
-That's why I like the mini braids, cause my scalp loves air. It really only behaves when it's braided or silk pressed. Since silk pressing isn't that great for the length of my hair, (on account of the combing and stuff) so I stick to braids.
-Loose hair makes me so nervous, plus it's easier for me to moisturize and seal braids without being so gentle.Strength in numbers and all that jazz.
Also I pay too much attention to it when it's loose. A lil stressful lol

Girlfriend is in recovery mode, so I look a little bit like ASAP Rocky :rofl: :abducted::dighole:

I'm about to put on a headband and be ASAP Rockiesha.
I noticed a lot of short pieces up and down my hair shaft so braids it is. I think the extra heat passes caught up to ya girl.
It just occurred to me that I don't have to make my braids so small lol. I just did them so they can last longer.

Back