Christianity And Islam

Saida

What do you Christians think about islam??

please share your opinion.

may God forgive our sins and lead us to the straight path, ameen.:)

A word of caution: this forum does NOT encourage any debate of Christianity vs the Islamic faith. That's dangerous territory, and we don't want to get into that. It goes against the forum rules, at any rate. We don't want to lock a thread on this forum, but that's what would happen, ultimately. The last thing we want is for anyone to be offended, and on a Christianity forum, there are bound to be things said that will offend some of our Muslum sisters, and vice versa.

Religion is just one of those subjects that brings out very strong emotions in people, you know?

Suffice it to say that our beliefs our very different, and that's about it.

Peace :)

Im sorry

I really wasnt trying to make some kind of debate or anything, i really was curious as to what people thought of islam.

im so sorry, how do i delete this thread then?:perplexed

Oh, don't worry about it! :kiss: It's no big deal, really. It would be an interesting topic, but I sure wouldn't want to moderate such a thread, and I doubt the other moderators would want to take that beast on either! LOL! :lol:

We're all loved by God...that's the bottomline that should be stood upon and not crossed.

I have friends...very dear and close friends of different faiths and we love each other. While we share who we are, we respect it. All I do is pray for God to have His way in all that I do and say that brings Glory to Him.

I'll say this as well. I do not chose to label myself as a Christian. There are too many who profess, yet do not confess or live the life. I prefer to let it be known that I am in relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus asked, "...Why call me Lord, then do not the things I tell you?"

For, in all 'faiths' there are those who do not uphold the standards of integrity and there are those who do. And that's where I draw my conclusions.

One thing about Muslims that I do admire, they are determined with their faith and they do not play. So are the Jewish community and as are Christians, but not all are such, in all faiths, in any walk of life. Too many are lukewarm and riding the fence. If God be God, choose Him; if Baal be Baal...

I speak only of the ones with 'Label.' For labels do come off in the wash or are tucked hidden when one feels the need to disguise who they are. If we can show a Calvin Klein, Claiborn, Hilfinger, Nike, or whatever... how much more than to show who you are in God.

To any faith, I'm still learning each day, that all we can be is a loving witness, though it can and WILL be a challenge, a loving witness is all God wants and He will stand by His invitation...

"Whosoever will...let him come and drink freely of the water of life..."

This I am learning each day, for I have failed greatly in this area.

It DOES NOT matter what we think of anyone else's faith. For what we think only becomes 'judgement' which leads to debates and disagreements which is only a waste of time.

Do we continue to take a stand? By all means, YES. We better take a stand. Or the devil will have too much of a foothold. He's been allowed to get away with enough as it is. So the stand is against him, the devil, not each other.

For we are here to guide each other who may be struggling or weak in faith.

But there is a difference between standing and knocking someone else into the ground, because of what they believe. This I've learned and am still learning.

Forget the 'takes'. You've done nothing wrong by asking. We need to be informed. Information is good, 'takes' only take away God's peace between us.

Loving you...

Last edited:
i understand, and I honestly wasnt trying to knock anyone down, its not a part of my religion at all to do so, really was just curios to the diffrencie and all, that was really my only intentions to learn, i promis, i hope noone feels offended

No saida, no one's offended, girlfriend. Pebs was smart to place a warning, because sometimes discussions can get heated and things are said that could be offensive. So she was just telling us all to tread lightly.

The forum was set up so that Christians could encourage each other AND for us to ask and answer questions such as yours. But we would not want to start hurling insults about each other's faith, so that is why Pebs had to say what she said.

ShimmieGirl, as usual, is on point. I am a Christian, and I still love my Muslim sistergirls. And I do follow the Bible Old (derived from theTorah )and New Testament--whereas Muslims follow the Quran. So of course we have differences in what we believe. I can still share what I believe and how my Lord sustains me, and what I believe about eternity. And I can listen, too. But I would never want to hurt someone--just tell them what I think is truth.

Last edited:
;)
Saida said:
i understand, and I honestly wasnt trying to knock anyone down, its not a part of my religion at all to do so, really was just curios to the diffrencie and all, that was really my only intentions to learn, i promis, i hope noone feels offended

Hi Saida: Your heart shows pure and as soft as rose petals. It 's always good to learn as much as we can for learning brings understanding and understanding brings unity and love. You're on the right track. Actually the perfect track, for you came here to this place to ask.

May I ask what faith you are? No matter what it is, I embrace you with all of my heart.

Sweet blessings to you...Hmmmm, with love added for sure. ;)

As for your question regarding Christianity and Islam...the real answer is love...in spite ot the historical and theological differences, the answer is love...:)

Love you too, Mel and you...Ms Pebbles...:)

Last edited:
Sure, im a muslim:) the thing that i wanted to know was actually just about Jesus, i belive in Jesus to, but im so afraid of getting into all this again, i really just wanted to see diffrent views, you know, we might have alot in common, and i think religion is about loving eachother too, but also belive there is more too it than that, i love to talk about the prophets and all that, and thats really just all, i wanted to hear some of the christians sides too you know, i just really hope noone is offended, i have alot of christian friends that im close to so its nothing about that, i ask them too, they just dont practise their religion so much, so i can never get anything out of them, it just seemed like someone might have something interesting to tell, and what they thought about islam also, i dont have any bad things to say about Christianity its a wonderfull religion from God, and Jesus was the messenger of that, that what i believe:)

i love you all, for Gods sake, and may God bless us All, Ameen

melodee said:
No saida, no one's offended, girlfriend. Pebs was smart to place a warning, because sometimes discussions can get heated and things are said that could be offensive. So she was just telling us all to tread lightly.

The forum was set up so that Christians could encourage each other AND for us to ask and answer questions such as yours. But we would not want to start hurling insults about each other's faith, so that is why Pebs had to say what she said.

ShimmieGirl, as usual, is on point. I am a Christian, and I still love my Muslim sistergirls. And I do follow the Bible Old (derived from theTorah )and New Testament--whereas Muslims follow the Quran. So of course we have differences in what we believe. I can still share what I believe and how my Lord sustains me, and what I believe about eternity. And I can listen, too. But I would never want to hurt someone--just tell them what I think is truth.

EXACTLY, this was the hole idea, to share diffrent believes you know, even though i believe in something dosent mean i dont want to know about others belive, and i would never want to hurt anyone regarding religion, at all, maybe it was just the way i started the thread that kinda seemed weird, im just happy we can all be adults about it, its so wonderfull

I have a lot of respect for many of the practices in Islam. Although our beliefs are different the 2 also share a lot of things in common. I have a really close friend who is Muslim and she had very little info about Christianity and I was able to share it with her. For instance she was shocked to know that we fasted. I even participated in the Eid (sp?) celebrations the last 2 years with her. I was even led to give her a Word that I had received from the LORD about her and it really blew her away.

I had the opportunity throughout my short life to be exposed to and was able to study different religions but when it came to my salvation, GOD did something so incredible that led me to Christ and my life has not been the same since. I believe in Christ with every fiber of my being and GOD confirms it for me daily. Were there any specific questions that you had? I don't mind telling people about my Savior. I think one of the biggest misconceptions about what we believe revolves around religion. Christianity is not a just a religion but more about relationship. Everything that was done for us was done so that we may grow closer to the LORD and eventually spend eternity with HIM. I hope this helps you some. Q

queeny20 said:
I have a lot of respect for many of the practices in Islam. Although our beliefs are different the 2 also share a lot of things in common. I have a really close friend who is Muslim and she had very little info about Christianity and I was able to share it with her. For instance she was shocked to know that we fasted. I even participated in the Eid (sp?) celebrations the last 2 years with her. I was even led to give her a Word that I had received from the LORD about her and it really blew her away.

I had the opportunity throughout my short life to be exposed to and was able to study different religions but when it came to my salvation, GOD did something so incredible that led me to Christ and my life has not been the same since. I believe in Christ with every fiber of my being and GOD confirms it for me daily. Were there any specific questions that you had? I don't mind telling people about my Savior. I think one of the biggest misconceptions about what we believe revolves around religion. Christianity is not a just a religion but more about relationship. Everything that was done for us was done so that we may grow closer to the LORD and eventually spend eternity with HIM. I hope this helps you some. Q

Thank you so much, yeah actually im surprised to hear that you fast in christianity? may i ask why? and when?

also i have another question, what is the relationship between jesus and God, ive always been wondering about that, for me I believe that Jesus was his messenger? is that how christians believe too?

im so glad that we can share all this information, so you dont have misconceptions about stuff:)

Saida said:
Thank you so much, yeah actually im surprised to hear that you fast in christianity? may i ask why? and when?

also i have another question, what is the relationship between jesus and God, ive always been wondering about that, for me I believe that Jesus was his messenger? is that how christians believe too?

im so glad that we can share all this information, so you dont have misconceptions about stuff:)
We fast for many reasons sometimes as a church some whenever we feel led of the Spirit to do so, some fast the 1st of every month to give God the firstfruits it just depends. We believe that JESUS is GOD in the form of man/a son. HE was sent here to live, to be tempted, to die for our sins, and to defeat satan so that our debt of sin will be paid.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Jesus died because the debt for sin had to be paid and he paid it for us by dying. But when HE rose, HE defeated satan and death and now we may have eternal life.

Hebrews 10:18 And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrafice for sin. Animals no longer have to be slaughtered for our sins because of Jesus.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are- yet was without sin. This refers to Jesus being tempted like we are but yet resisted temptation and did not sin. Many felt that GOD could not understand or relate to us when it came to the temptations of this world. But once Jesus came that was no longer true. HTH Q

Saida said:

Saida, I'm glad to have a peaceful convo with you. I knew your heart, and never thought you were going to stir up anything bad.:D

Do we believe He was a messenger? Oh, but He's so much more.;)

We believe that Jesus is God's son, on the right hand of the father, a part of God, along with the Holy Sprit. We believe that Jesus is the messiah promised to the Israelites in the Old Testment, back in Abraham's time. And when God called Abraham to sacrifice his son on the altar (I know there are differences among Christians and Muslims as to which son it was--but this is unimportant here), He was forshadowing what was to come. God sent Jesus (the son) here to save not only the Jews, but all man who believed in Him.

We believe that Jesus was always a part of God. And I believe that when God said "Let us create man in our own Image (Gen 1:16), He was speaking to His royal court, including His right hand man- Jesus. The prophet Isaiah warned of judgement to come, but also told of a comfort, a Messiah, a servant who would come as a "tender shoot" without outward beauty or majesty (glitz and glamour) who " was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, familiar with suffering" (Isaiah 53). We believe this Messiah was Jesus who was crushed for our (humankind) iniquities/sins.

When Jesus came, He was humble yet strong. He spoke the truth, a message of love. So I guess in a way one could say He was a messenger, in part. BUT, He was so much more--perfect and without sin, flawless. God in flesh. We know of no other flawless perfect man in flesh. Sure, maybe some folks have come kinda close, but close still yields "no cigars".

We don't think of Jesus as only a teacher, because He claimed to be "I AM/God". And He fulfilled alot of prophecy. And also, we don't believe in a dead Messiah, since He's God and came back to life after being put to death, He's with those who love Him every minute of every day.

This is a nutshell explanation Saida--hope this helps your understanding a bit.:cool:

PS- Queeny said she feels the love God shows through Christ eveyday. So do I!

Saida said:

You have such a beautiful spirit and whatever I can share I will. And I would love for you to share as well. You need not fear any debates, there will be none, just sharing, for you are most welcome as our sister and friend.

You asked about the relationship between Jesus and God.

Jesus is God... He is God, Himself, in human form. Being an extension of Himself, calls Jesus His son.
  • The only legal entry to leive upon the earth realm is through the flesh. From the earth our bodies came and to the earth 'our' bodies return.
  • God needed a woman to bear His son, and to retain the integrity of His purity He hand selected a woman called Mary who was not only in the bloodline of Jesus, but lived a pure life. By way of His Holy Spirit, also God, Mary's womb was implanted with the seed of life...Jesus.
  • The whole purpose was that when man fell in sin (Adam and Eve), a Savior was the only way to redeem us back to God. Which could only be God, Himself extended in the form of man.
Saida, I hope this makes sense. You see, our good works won't save us. For we all fall short and need forgiveness that only God can give us. So God in His loving mercies, extended Himself in the form of man, just like us, to live like us, to be our mediator and advocate with God the Father.

Therefore we pray, "Father in the name of Jesus..." For no man comes to the Father, but by Jesus.

Now please do not allow any of this to condemn you or your beliefs. We are holding hands the way sisters do, and coming to understand each other more and more.

Question: Saida, you shared that you have Christian friends:

i have alot of christian friends that im close to so its nothing about that, i ask them too, they just dont practise their religion so much, so i can never get anything out of them,

Can you share how they don't practice 'so much'? I hope we can help you here as well.

Loving hugs...Shimmie :)

I often times have friends ask me what did Jesus do for me that changed me forever. I can't really say because I have not felt led to reveal it but to sum it up it's like this. What GOD did for me was soo small but powerful. Meaning imagine if you need to get somewhere really badly and your life depended on it. You have to buy a ticket that costs $400.00 but you only have $399.99. You know that you had that penny but you can't find it. Finally you give up and just accept the worst and then you are walking and you suddenly feel extremely tired. So now you are really down. You sit down and as you are holding your head crying you look on the ground and there, just as shiny as can be is a penny. Now to most a penny is nothing but in this situation it is still a penny but it is so powerful. That is what GOD did for me. By the world's standards it was small but for me and my life it was powerful and I have never been the same since. The people who knew me before are amazed and because only GOD could have saved me and turned me from the way I used to be.

In my sig I used to have saying I wouldn't serve a GOD I could not feel and I soo believe this. I FEEL the LORD each and everyday. It amazes me and I know that I serve an AWESOME GOD. If someone told me if I don't denounce the LORD I would lose everything including, my family, friends, kids, and possessions, I would be broke, alone, and homeless because I would do it. I truly live by the notion "For GOD I live and for GOD I will die"!! Be blessed. Q

Question: Saida, you shared that you have Christian friends:

Can you share how they don't practice 'so much'? I hope we can help you here as well.

Loving hugs...Shimmie :)[/QUOTE]

Yes sure, well in denmark people are not religious as here, people dont go to church EVERY sunday, i dont want to say all, but my friends dont, they MIGHT go for christmas, or they wont, usually the school aranges something so that they can go, but ive experienced that some wont show up for classs that day, and they will tell you why too, some of them dont know why they clebrate christmas, but if i ask them if the are christians they say yes so...

I have another question girls..

How about the other prophets, like Adam, Moses, Ibrahim, David and so on, are theese God's sons too??

Also in my believe I dont believe Jesus died on the cross, and I believe he will be back in the furture to save all the christians,

the reason why muslims might be talking about prophet Muhhamed is not because we believe he is Gods son, I believe all the prophets were messengers, and they all brought the same message of Tawheed(i dont know what its called in english) but it is believing in one God, and not to have Idol gods, this was in the torah, i believe in the bible and the Quran, now the reason why we follow Muhhamad is simply just because he was the last messenger of god, in our believe.

So if Jesus had been in my believe the last messenger, then i would have been christian:D

queeny20 said:
I often times have friends ask me what did Jesus do for me that changed me forever. I can't really say because I have not felt led to reveal it but to sum it up it's like this. What GOD did for me was soo small but powerful. Meaning imagine if you need to get somewhere really badly and your life depended on it. You have to buy a ticket that costs $400.00 but you only have $399.99. You know that you had that penny but you can't find it. Finally you give up and just accept the worst and then you are walking and you suddenly feel extremely tired. So now you are really down. You sit down and as you are holding your head crying you look on the ground and there, just as shiny as can be is a penny. Now to most a penny is nothing but in this situation it is still a penny but it is so powerful. That is what GOD did for me. By the world's standards it was small but for me and my life it was powerful and I have never been the same since. The people who knew me before are amazed and because only GOD could have saved me and turned me from the way I used to be.

In my sig I used to have saying I wouldn't serve a GOD I could not feel and I soo believe this. I FEEL the LORD each and everyday. It amazes me and I know that I serve an AWESOME GOD. If someone told me if I don't denounce the LORD I would lose everything including, my family, friends, kids, and possessions, I would be broke, alone, and homeless because I would do it. I truly live by the notion "For GOD I live and for GOD I will die"!! Be blessed. Q

The god you are talking about here, is Jesus right?

im sorry i know im posting like crazy i just have so many questions that i want to understand

can anyone explain this chapter in the bible to me

its called Luke chapter 18
verse 19

So Jesus said to him, "why do you call Me good? No one is Good but one, that is God.

okay so my question is, if Jesus says there is a God, his God, shouldnt that be our God?

Also Chapter Mathew 26

starting from verse 36

Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, " sit here while I go and pray over there"

my question here is, i uunderstand why we pray we pray to God, some for jesus, but who does Jesus pray for if he is God??

Also Mathew 27
verse 46

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying Eli, Eli lama sabachthani?" My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Also here Jesus calls to God again, and also if your flawless you know everything right, sins you dont have any flaws, so why is Jesus asking God?

Please correct me if the quotes are wrong, this is from the holy Bible that I have.

and Please its only questions, i hope you can answer me:D

I actually have more positive things to say about followers of Islam than I do of "Christians" and I am one :lol: I wish we could be as united and organized as our Muslim friends.

Caramela said:
I actually have more positive things to say about followers of Islam than I do of "Christians" and I am one :lol: I wish we could be as united and organized as our Muslim friends.

i think we in both religions have some who follow strictly and some who dont, in my opinion here in america religion is more common than in denmark where i grew up, ive never seen so many churches in my life, lol:D

Saida said:
im sorry i know im posting like crazy i just have so many questions that i want to understand

can anyone explain this chapter in the bible to me

its called Luke chapter 18
verse 19

So Jesus said to him, "why do you call Me good? No one is Good but one, that is God.

okay so my question is, if Jesus says there is a God, his God, shouldnt that be our God?

Maybe I can help with this. Read John Chapter 14:5-7

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Also John 14:20

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 5:20

20 For the Father has affection for the Son, and shows him all things that he himself does. He will show him greater works than these, that you may marvel.

Caramela said:
Maybe I can help with this. Read John Chapter 14:5-7

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Also John 14:20

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 5:20

20 For the Father has affection for the Son, and shows him all things that he himself does. He will show him greater works than these, that you may marvel.

hmm, okay, but also here jesus talks about the father(god) as in somone who is above him, so why is it that Jesus is God, When Jesus talks about God?

the only thing i have understood is that Jesus is an Example that God wants us to follow, not Worship, but to follow his example

I know, it does seem confusing, 'how can Jesus be God?" :confused:

This is the scripture (below) that made it all clear for me. There are others, but this is the one that opened my heart to understand.

From the book of John Chapter 1 - Verses 1 - 18 (New Testament)
Contemporary English Translation
The Word of Life

In the beginning was the One who is called the Word.

The Word was with God and was truly God. From the very beginning the Word was with God.

And with this Word, God created all things. Nothing was made without the Word. Everything that was created, received its life from him, and his life gave light to everyone.

The light keeps shining in the dark, and darkness has never put it out.

God sent a man named John, who came to tell about the light and to lead all people to have faith. John wasn't that light. He came only to tell
about the light. The true light that shines on everyone was coming into the world.

The Word was in the world, but no one knew him, though God had made the world with his Word.

He came into his own world, but his own nation did not welcome him.

Yet some people accepted him and put their faith in him. So he gave them the right to be the children of God. They were not God's children by nature
or because of any human desires. God himself was the one who made them his children.

The Word became a human being and lived here with us. We saw his true glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father. From him all the kindness and all the truth of God have come down to us.

John spoke about him and shouted, "This is the one I told you would come! He is greater than I am, because he was alive before I was born."
Because of all that the Son is, we have been given one blessing after another. The Law was given by Moses, but Jesus Christ brought us undeserved kindness and truth.

(Verse 18) No one has ever seen God. The only Son, who is truly God and is closest to the Father, has shown us what God is like.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/index.php?search=John%201;&version=46;&interface=print

Saida, I hope this helps. We're all still here to share and loving you with all of our hearts. :kiss:

Back